good reads

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

One of the things I will miss most about college is Amazon book buybacks. I am a sucker for the gift card payments, instead of the cash that my university's bookstore would offer. I love to spend the money on "fun reading books", as I would normally either borrow from the library (gross!) or a friend. Opting for the Amazon gift cards was my reward to myself for finishing up dreaded finals.
This week was the beginning of the end of this era. I received my trade-in gift card (I knew that Geology 101 book would come in handy!), and almost immediately crossed a few items off of my wish list. I am now excitedly awaiting the following:
Cherry Blossoms | I almost bought this book on my trip to Washington, D.C., but held off because I did not want to carry with me around town (I am a pretty intense tourist). Once I got back on MN soil, I could not stop thinking about the book, so I have been waiting for this moment for quite a while!

Shocking Life | I had heard of the designer Elsa Schiaparelli (scap-arelli) before, but never the woman behind the label. Always fascinated by the story of a bold and eccentric designer, I made the purchase as soon as I read a quick bio. I can't wait to go deeper into this autobiography.

The One and Only | The latest by my favorite author, Emily Giffin. I have read the three chapter preview and am already HOOKED. I can't wait to meet her at a book signing in July!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                
What are you excited to read this summer?                                                    

4 comments :

  1. I'll have to check these books out, I'm currently reading Dark Places by Gillian Flynn.
    -Alex
    www.monstermisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh just looked that up! It sounds like an intense story line! May have to check that out once I finish up these reads :). I really do love a good crime/thriller book!!

      Nicole

      Delete
  2. Your post remembered me to read more...now I have more free time so I should read a book ;)

    http://butterfly9999.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! Reading is such a great way to fill free time :). I hope you enjoy whatever you end up reading <3

      Thanks for stopping by,
      Nicole

      Delete