a day at eastcliff

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

As part of the University of Minnesota graduation festivities, I was invited to attend an open house at Eastcliff, the home of the university president. I thought it was a sweet and personal end to the four years I spent at the University. I am happy that I was able to spend it with my parents and grandparents, some of the key parts of my support system throughout college, and my whole life. 
I wanted to dress up for the occasion, but I had to balance along the fine line of being overdressed...let's be honest, it is a problem I face most days. You can never go wrong with an LBD, so I borrowed this lace number from my mom (similar). I love that we are the same size! To make it more "me", I added my favorite pink bubble earrings from Blush boutique (similar) and a pink snakeskin print belt (similar). I made the look a bit more casual by wearing tan platform sandals (similar) and an H&M gold straw clutch (similar). 
A photo-op with the host, President Kaler. Well accessorized in his U of M tie ;).

                     

2 comments :

  1. You're so right, you can never go wrong with a LBD! Yours looks great on you!
    -Alex
    www.monstermisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete