pantone dazzling blue

Friday, May 16, 2014

Just a few months ago I was first introduced to the concept of Pantone's "Color of the Year". Though Radiant Orchid has taken the fashion world by storm, one of my favorites color tones to wear this year is cobalt blue . Refinery 29 posted this guide which outlines some of the most popular colors used in spring 2014 collections. I was pleased to see "Dazzling Blue", a strong cobalt blue, at the top of the list. I love how the color transitions well from winter to spring/summer, depending on what you pair it with.
One of my favorite pieces in my closet is a dazzling blue shift dress from Mango. In the winter I dress it up with leopard,tortoise, black, and gold accessories. However, this spring I am excited to introduce the color to beautiful pairings with yellow, orange, and tan.
I am graduating in three days (one final left!!), so get excited for more consistent posts...I may even have to share some of the looks I have been dreaming up for this dress soon!

                
What is your favorite year-round piece, and how do you plan to change it up for Spring/Summer?
                                                    

4 comments :

  1. Cobalt blue is one of my favorite colors, I think it's flattering on everyone!
    -Alex
    www.monstermisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love it! It is such a flatteirng color :)

      Nicole

      Delete
  2. You look beautiful in blue! I'm a blue fan as well, although I'm just a color lover. If it's bright I want it...ha!

    God bless,
    XO, Claire
    http://www.littlemissfashionqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Claire!! I am a color lover as well <3 <3 especially in the spring/summer.

      Thanks for stopping by!
      Nicole

      Delete