heart to heart | express yourself

Thursday, May 29, 2014

I made this graphic a few months ago, and wanted to share it with all of you because the two simple words are such a great reminder. It can be so simple to get swept away by the moment and by a huge list of "to-do's" that we forget to take some very important time to reflect on who we are and how we share our "self" with others. I have been caught up in a whirlwind of family and celebrations (graduations galore, weddings, and lots of nights out), so I have barley began to adjust to who I am in my life after college. 
I have never been shy to be myself;  my parents always laugh about how I used to dress up in things like a bright orange sweater with a feather boa neckline while all of the other little girls wore t-shirts. But as I transition to adulthood (did I mention I have a full-time corporate job now?!), I will be the first to admit that I need to reevaluate my sense of self. I am not such a girl anymore; I am now fully responsible for myself and for my future. Though my transition from college is bringing me back to my hometown, I want to make my own niche here, not just be a shadow to my parents or a reflection of my high school self. I express myself through my dress, my involvement, and my attitude, and I hope that they show the true me. I am a bit (some would argue totally) quirky, girly, motivated, responsible, and passionate. I am not planning to reinvent myself; however, I want to truly express who I am in this new season of life. For now, I will use this image on my desktop for a daily reminder to continue to be "me".

                                                                    

1 comment :

  1. What an honest post, I think after college is when you truly discover who you are and it's important to not shy away from expressing it!
    -Alex
    www.monstermisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete