travel | d.c. highlight reel

Monday, April 7, 2014

As promised, we are starting the week off with an iPhone highlight reel from the D.C. trip. I can't believe it has been two weeks since I got back! 

All good trips start with some gingerale/cranberry juice on the rocks, so I knew this was going to be something special.
We started off a very rainy day one with the best of D.C. indoors...a tour of the US Capitol, the House, the Senate, and we can't forget the Smithsonian musueums. 
I have never met a macaron I didn't like. This rose flavored wonder from Olivia Macaron in Georgetown did not disappoint. We went back twice! 
A view of the washington monument. The reflecting pool was not full, so I much preferred this view from the tidal basin. 
I am in love with the Jefferson Memorial (why does Honest Abe get all the hype?). I love the moody reflection on the tidal basin..and there I am! 
As a future lawyer (applying to law schools this fall!), seeing the Supreme Court was an absolute dream come true! Equal justice under law. Beautiful.
Special ironwork on the Whitehouse fence. We may not have castles, but this comes pretty close. 

                
                                                    

4 comments :

  1. After recently becoming obsessed with House of Cards, I've gotten the urge to visit DC. Such wonderful photos, looks like you had a great time.
    -Alex
    http://www.monstermisa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to check that show out, I have heard its addictive! You totally should visit, it is a fun trip to make :).

      Thanks!!!
      Nicole

      Delete
  2. Great pictures! I've been contemplating law school for the last 7 or so years, and seeing the SCC in Ottawa was definitely a surreal experience!

    -Katherine
    http://scallopedandbows.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Katherine! Ooooh that is awesome! Glad to know I have met another law fan in the blogging world :).

      Nicole

      Delete