cap and gown

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Things got real this week when I picked up my graduation cap and gown at my university's book store. It was quite easy to pick out those pieces...a black robe, a black cap, and a tassel for the Bachelor of Science in Business degree that I will be receiving. However, the real challenge has been finding the perfect gown to wear under the 'gown'...because its what's inside that counts, right?

I have shopped all of my stand-bys, but haven't had the best of luck. To me it seems that every life event gets centered on the dress, so college graduation is no exception. I want to wear a piece that will fit well and look conservative, but that suits my personality. After a trip to Norstrom this weekend I found some great contenders. Check them out and weigh in at the comments section!
I love this Tahari piece because it is so versatile. The fabric isn't so glitzy so I could easily wear it to work, and it has that perfect 50's flair that I love so much.
I knew this Eliza J number could be the one the second I saw it. My school colors are maroon and gold, so I definitely have half of it down here, all I need are some maroon accessories. And did I mention the lining is pink? Perfection.

                

What are your thoughts on these dresses? Any suggestions for accessories?
                                                    

6 comments :

  1. Love the dresses (especially the second one). Ad congrats on graduation! I can't wait until November 2015 when I can officially walk across the stage and be done with my university forever :P

    -Katherine
    http://scallopedandbows.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Katherine!!! Ooooh it will be such a great day for you! Keep up the good work in college :)

      Nicole

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on graduating! That is really exciting - I love the last option from Eliza J! SUPER cute!
    xoxo,
    Nikki at www.bedazzlesafterdark.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your blog! I just followed on GFC:) Would love if you checked out my blog as well
    -Anna
    www.undeniablyanna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anna! I love yours as well! So excited to follow you back!

      Nicole

      Delete