all about the dress | oscars 2014

Monday, March 3, 2014

Hello, hello! It has been a couple weeks since I have posted last...I seem to have gotten caught in the whirlwind of the semester. Good news is spring break is in TWO WEEKS!! I know, I am quite excited.
But for now, the excitement of the Oscars will have to tide me over. Welcome to the second "All About the Dress" link party. Check out my pics of my favorite Oscar-worthy looks, weigh in below, and don't forget to link up and share the badge on your own Oscar post!

Kate Hudson was the image of  vintage Hollywood glamour from her slick hair, her sultury pose, to her white Versace gown. 
 Best Actress, Cate Blanchette, looked amazing in this bejeweld Armani Prive gown. I am not usually a fan of gowns with a nude base, but she wore this so tastefully and gracefully, that it appeared to be a shining second skin.
 Camilla Alvez, wife of Best Actor, Matthew McConaughey, was gorgous in this dramatic soft pink gown.
Lupita Nyong'o was stunning in her pale blue Prada gown. The fit was impeccable, and the color complemented her rich complexion so well. This dress was undoubtedly made for her. 
I was excited to see this beautiful sketch on Paper Fashion as well.  
Charlize Theron was stunning in her black Dior number with clear straps. The effect of the sheer mid section of the skirt made this an instant favorite of mine.
Paper Fashion made an equally gorgous sketch of Ms. Theron's look. 
I so enjoyed Johnny Weir and Tara Lipinski's commentary for the Olympics, what I would have described as Hunger Games on ice, so was excited to see this fabulous dynamic duo take the red carpet. Best ever.

I am excited to hear your thoughts! Link up below, post the "All About the Dress" badge on your blog, and join in the conversation.

                
                                                    

2 comments :

  1. I thought Camila looked great and not a lot of people were giving her credit that I thought she deserved.
    -Alex
    http://www.monstermisa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete