watercolor fashion

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

One of my favorite mediums of art is watercolor. I love the way that the translucency of the layers creates depth and emotion on a basic white sheet of paper. Though I first encountered watercolors through some my dad had painted, I truly fell in love when I saw the medium used in fashion illustrations. Today I am excited to share about two of my favorite watercolor fashion illustrators.

Kerrie Hess | This lovely Aussie illustrator has been commissioned by the likes of Kate Spade, Chanel, and Vogue, among other popular fashion brands. I do not remember whether I came across her work through instagram or the blog world, but she has quickly become one of my favorites to follow. I like how she introduces color only in the outfits of the illustrations, while the model remains a black and white ink sketch. It really allows the fashion to speak.


Katie Rodgers of Paper Fashion | Ms. Rodgers has an equally impressive client list, and beautiful prints. I want to cover all of my walls in her work! Her pieces stand out for the signature rosy cheeks on the models, as well as the texture she adds to her pieces. Check out her facebook page where she posts time lapse videos of her painting. Incredible.




                

Which watercolor is your favorite?
                                                    

4 comments :

  1. Wow this art work is beautiful. I always love when I see art combined with fashion.
    -Alex
    http://www.monstermisa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't stop looking at it :). Me too!

      Nicole

      Delete
  2. Love them! I'm working on a gallery wall above my bed and these prints would look perfect!

    -Katherine
    Http://scallopedandbows.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am obsessed with these artists :).

      Nicole

      Delete