bon appetit | amazing thailand mpls

Monday, February 3, 2014

I had a wonderful weekend, and one of the highlights was seeing my parents. Not only once, but twice! I am inclined to say that the best part of seeing them is the fact that we get to go out to eat, but what I truly enjoy is the conversations that we have and the fellowship we share. I won't bore you with the content of our conversations, but I am eager to share about the restaurants!


En route to drop my dad off at the Loppet ski festival in Uptown (my mom and I opted for the mall instead), we got "brave" and decided to try out a local Thai restaurant. We went to Amazing Thailand on Hennepin Ave. I was in love with the decor- it was dark, ambient, and the right balance of authentic yet not overdone.


Gap top / Target skirt / Gianni Bini Boots / Vintage necklace

We ordered the Holy Basil fried rice (highly recommend) and the Pad Thai to split (I have been told this is the way to go when new to Thai cuisine). Both were large portions, perfect for "family style" eating.

The rice dish was surprisingly good. Though it was  fried rice, it tasted very light, especially with the fresh basil leaves throughout. We ordered it with pork, which added some substance to the rice.

Pad Thai is a classic, and was just as delicious. The rice noodles were well cooked, and were neither too lightly coated nor too drippy with theri tasty peanut sauce. We went mild (3/5 for heat), but I kicked it up a notch by adding red chili sauce from the "spice rack" our waiter brought with the dishes. The best part was the crunchy contrast of bean sprouts and crushed peanut sprinkled on top.

Stay tuned for the next restaurant story tomorrow! 

                

What is your favorite thing to do with your family?



PS- I couldn't end the post without this pic, considering Valentine's day is approaching. Nearly 25 years later and they still can't take a romantic pic without bursting into a fit of giggles. That's true love.
                                                    

8 comments :

  1. Such beautiful pictures and those food pictures were making my mouth water!
    -Alex
    http://www.monstermisa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Alex! It was so yummy :)

      Nicole

      Delete
  2. i love that place, and always order the holy basil fried rice. yum!!! also, you look adorable, i love that outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so good! That is probably what I would order if (when :) ) I go back. Thank you!!!

      Nicole

      Delete
  3. Just discovered your blog...I live in Minneapolis and have been looking for a good Thai place to try out. I will have to make a trip here soon!

    lovelikeleave.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you could stop by <3 <3!!! I love Minneapolis blogger connections! It was so yummy, and of course a great excuse to make a trip to Uptown :).

      Thanks,
      Nicole

      Delete