Sugar Skulls and Roses Mani

Sunday, November 3, 2013

In (belated) celebration of Day of the Dead, this week I did a sugar skull and rose manicure.



I feel like I am seeing skulls everywhere, and am amazed by how chic they can be. To re-create the sugar skulls yourself, check out this youtube video by HannahRoxNails. I used a dotting tool  and brush to do mine, but a tooth pick will work fine if you don't want to make the investment. 

Another popular trend is flower crowns. With Halloween party pics, they have been taking over my Facebook newsfeed. The ring finger is inspired by these. To make, I put red dots along my nail tip, dotted in some white and more red paint, then roughly outlined the circles in black.

I am quite pleased with this combo. For more Day of the Dead Manicure inspiration, check out my Pinterest page.

What a great way to start the week off!

-Nicole

What are you looking forward to this week? 


4 comments :

  1. Love your nails! I wish I had a steady hand like you... luckily there is a nail salon around the corner that does really cool manicures for $11. I agree about the skulls too, I recently bought a sheer skull top that I love, they can definitely be chic!
    -Alex
    http://www.monstermisa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Alex! Ooooh that is so nice- what a great deal!

    Love it!

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh cute! I need a manicure but pretty sure it won't be as creative as this one. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jackie! I love artistic manis, but regular color is so pretty, too :)

      Nicole

      Delete