Pinspiration: Finding Joy

Friday, November 8, 2013

Pinterest was ON IT today with inspiring quotes. I definitely needed the encouragement, as some things over the past couple of months, and especially this week, that have put me in a funk. Here is one of my favorite finds:

http://nestprettythings.tumblr.com


I have joy in me, as a fruit of the Holy Spirit who dwells within me (Gal 5:22-23; 1 Cor. 3:16). This joy goes much deeper than the fleeting happiness I feel in winning moments; it is a positivity and a hope that I carry despite life's circumstances. I find my joy in the Lord; in His unconditional love, in the hope I have for eternal life with Him, and in the fact that He is using challenges to form me into the woman I will become. I will not let negative experiences or losses get me down. I will embrace the joy that I hold. Like this quote, today (and every day) I choose joy.

Where do you find your joy from? What helps you to get through tough times?


 photo blogsignoffandsignature_zpsecf4c40f.png
bloglovin' | instagram | facebook | pinterest |

8 comments :

  1. Don't you love when you find awesome quote pins on Pinterest?! This is a great one! I definitely find my joy from friends and family, they always lift me up when I'm having a bad day. Have a great weekend!
    -Alex
    http://www.monstermisa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think its half the reason I go to Pinterest ;). I am glad you like it!

    I love turning to friends and family when I am having a bad day. I swear the first person I call when something goes wrong (or well) is my mom...such a momma's girl.

    Thanks! You too :)
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find joy in my every day life. I'm happy to be alive (there was a time when it was a close call), and I'm happy to come as far as I have. I'm happy that I have a nice house to live in, people who love me, and that I no longer have to choose between putting gas in my car and eating dinner. I've come a long way, and nothing beats that. Thanks for sharing this pin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is great, Becca! It sounds like you've been through a lot, but I am so glad you are in a good place now. :)
    I am glad you like the pin! It is a nice reminder :)

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw this pin the other night! I love when you stumble across a pin that is so relatable to the moment!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree! I was so happy when I saw this one :)

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stopping by from the link up, cute blog! I always love a good quote, my Pinterest is full of them. Most recently "Those who move forward with a happy spirit will find that things always work out." Love it! Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Renee! Thanks for stopping by :)

    I love that quote! Very positive and sweet. Thanks for sharing!

    Have a great weekend as well :)
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete