Great Gatsby Glamour

Friday, November 15, 2013

I am in the thick of my semester, so definitely in need of a little glam. One of the first manicures I ever did was a gradient glitter, and I have been hooked ever since. For this mani I used a multi-colored glitter to add a little sass. 


I started by painting a base coat of translucent glitter nail polish, Maybelline Colorshow "Sugar Crystals".

Next, I painted multiple coats of Nicole by OPI "Pick of the Glitter" (similar). I start by painting a coat on the tip of my nail, like with a french manicure. Once dried, I repeated, with each coat going further down my nail.

Every time I look at my nails I am instantly transported to the glamorous world of Gatsby.

Photo cred: hollywoodreporter.com


What is your most glamourous mani?

 photo blogsignoffandsignature_zpsecf4c40f.png

bloglovin' | instagram | facebook | pinterest |

8 comments :

  1. I love your nails, and I loved that movie! The glitter is very fun!


    -Vogue&Heels
    www.vogueandheels.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anngelik!!! Gatsby was such a great movie! It brought the book to life so well!

      Nicole

      Delete
  2. Your nails look great . My most glam nails are always one with golden glitter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Noor!! I love gold glitter nails! And those would be TOO perfect for the holiday season coming up :)

      Delete
  3. I really like that glitter polish, especially the fact that it's rainbow colored... definitely going to buy it! I love glitter polish but it's always such a pain in the butt to take off!
    -Alex
    http://www.monstermisa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alex!! I couldn't find a link online to buy, but picked this one up at Target.

      It is going to be naaaaasty to take off (though its always a good excuse to pop in a movie to watch while taking it off...maybe Gatsby this time ;) ).

      Nicole

      Delete
  4. I loved the movie and your nails look SO cool! I have to try your technique...

    Majda | www.classystateofmind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!!! I watched it this summer at an oudoors viewing and it was so great!

      Thanks! Let me know how they turn out :)

      Nicole

      Delete