The Grown Up Graphic Sweater by keepcalmandcocoon.blogspot.com

Sunday, October 13, 2013

We all love a classic graphic tee. Bold images adding a little life to the most basic piece in our wardrobes. One trend that I am loving is the graphic sweater. A perfect fall take on the graphic tee.

Despite the fact that I love them, I do admit some graphic sweaters look like they were snagged from the racks of Gymboree. Considering they come from an industry where the figure of beauty is a woman with the body of a five year old boy, I am not surprised.

That being said, I am not one to shy away from a graphic sweater. I have, in fact, owned one for a few years. I was first exposed to the graphic sweater by H&M when I laid my eyes upon "the poodle sweater". Yes. A fantastic grey sweater with a big black poodle on the front. The sweater brought some laughs to my family. I even wore it to an ugly sweater party my freshman year. But considering recent trends, who's laughing now?

I've seen these sweaters styled numerous ways, but would like to weigh in with some advice on how to look like a grown up in your graphic sweater:
-You know what a 5 yo cannot wear? Makeup. Dress up your graphic sweater look with some fierce cat eyes or a bold statement lip.
-Shoes! Adding high heels to an outfit is an instant grown up touch. Or, add some sophistication with a sleek pair of riding boots.
-Accessorize. Throw on a pair of bold earrings, or pair your sweater with a belt to create a womanly hourglass shape.
-Layering. Throw a crisp collared shirt underneath, or toss a blazer or quilted vest over. The layering options are endless. Its a great way to add some dimension and to pick up on the colors of the sweater. Not to mention, to add some warmth on a crisp fall day.
-Balance it out with some sophisticated bottoms. Opt for a pair of tailored jeans, raw silk cropped pants, or  scarf print pants.

Here are some looks I styled to get you inspired:

J Crew Camel Sweater























1 | 2 3 | 4


Ann Taylor Kissing Fox Sweater



















1 | 2 | 3


Burberry Brit Bus Sweater


1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |


Love the looks? Click the images to pin on Pinterest

<3, Coco

What fall trend are you most excited for? How do you style your graphic sweater? 

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

6 comments :

  1. Hello dear!
    I love all the shoes!
    I hope you enjoy your stay here in Spain! :) Thank you for visiting my blog and for your comment! ;)

    A big kiss!

    http://outsidefashioncatwalk.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Talia! Thanks for checking out the blog! It was so hard to decide which shoes to include, glad you enjoyed!
      I did enjoy it! I hope to be back as soon as possible :) ! You're welcome!

      Nicole

      Delete
  2. Good tips on making the sweaters a little more grown-up! I love the Burberry one with the bus on it-I'm a sucker for anything British.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jackie! Thanks for stopping by-glad you enjoyed the tips! I agree- so in love with anything British.

      Nicole

      Delete
  3. i'm a huge fan of this trend. obsessed with the jcrew camel. a chic camel, who knew? that jenna lyons is a genius. great looks!

    xoxo
    Lauren
    Blissful Happenings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lauren!

      Agreed! Haha I was pretty surprised when I first saw the sweater, but really love it :). Jenna Lyons is pretty great.

      Thanks for stopping by and commenting!
      Nicole

      Delete