Reads & Reels: Bridget Jones

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Today we’re going to talk about a little book (and film) called Bridget Jones Diary. Of all of the stories I have read and movies I have seen, I think I like this one the most. Helen Fielding does a brilliant (*says with British accent*) job of taking you on a journey of love, laughter, and most sometimes utter embarrassment with the story’s thirty-something protagonist, Bridget Jones. Although I first read the book when I was in high school, I identified with Bridget. A little bit awkward, a little bit naïve, and lot a dreamer. If I’m being honest, I probably do identify with her today as well.

For those of you who, like me, have missed ole Bridget since the second installment of the series, Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason, well, there’s good news…  Ms. Fielding has written a third book to the series; Mad About the Boy was released last week! If I get some free time over this Halloween weekend, I might go hunt it down at my local B&N.


In honor of Mad About the Boy, I will share some pics of Bridget's neighborhood from my trip to London this spring. I made the “pilgrimage” to the fictional (or not-so-fictional) neighborhood of Bridget Jones, and took some pics of London sites where the movie was filmed. 
















 Pictured: Tower Bridge, Shad Thames Street, Borough Market, and Picadilly Circus


 Have you ever made a "pilgrimage" to the filming location of your favorite movie? 







6 comments :

  1. What a fun idea, I've never thought of traveling to the place of my favorite movie! These pictures are beautiful, London looks amazing.
    -Alex
    http://www.monstermisa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alex! It was a blast! London is an amazing place.

      Nicole

      Delete
  2. These photos are all absolutely gorgeous :) Hope you enjoyed our time in London !

    hayfa
    http://www.londonloafers.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hayfa! I did enjoy it- I am hoping to go back as soon as possible :) London is one of my favorite places!

      Nicole

      Delete
  3. All of these photos are so beautiful! I love Bridget Jones as well, such a great movie!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Lauren! Gotta love Bridget Jones :)

    ReplyDelete